I am Natalia, a Spanish as a foreign language teacher (ELE) born in 1973 in a small city in the north of Spain, Santiago de Compostela. Since I was a child my dream was to learn new languages in order to travel around the world. That’s why I decided to study a Travel & Tourism degree. I speak four languages at different levels, Spanish, French, English and Portuguese. I have an ELE certification as Spanish Foreign Language Teacher by Rey Juan Carlos University in Madrid. I also hold a Master in Applied Linguistics of Spanish as a Foreign Language by Universidad Europea del Atlántico. My program is completely customized to the student’s needs. You can choose the learning method that suits you best, a traditional one, concentrating on grammatical perfection or a communicative method based on simulated real-life situations.
- Teacher of Spanish as a Foreign Language, by Rey Juan Carlos University (Madrid).
- Applied Linguistics of Spanish as a Foreign Language by Universidad Europea del Atlántico.
- DELEExaminer, Instituto Cervantes.
I prefer to use a language teaching based on a communicative approach. The Communicative Language Teaching methodology has various characteristics that distinguish it from previous methods:
- Understanding occurs through active student interaction in the foreign language.
- Teaching occurs by using authentic Spanish texts.
- Students not only learn the second language but they also learn strategies for understanding.
- Importance is given to learners’ personal experiences and situations, which are considered as an invaluable contribution to the content of the lessons.
- Using the new language in unrehearsed contexts creates learning opportunities outside the classroom.
- All my lessons are a combination of the 4 abilities, reading, writing, listening and speaking.